A silkie fieldtrip

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Dec 27, 2009.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    The babies went outside for the first time today. They were a little freaked at first, but soon had a fine time. [​IMG]

AUUGGGGHHHHH!!! What is this brown stuff on the ground? Where are the shavings?
    [​IMG]

Squinting into the sun
    [​IMG]

more just for fun!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Anne, I LOVE them!!!!!!!!!! They look so freaked out in that first picture [​IMG]

That 3rd and 4th picture is just stunning! So beautiful!!!! I love the full crown and the fuzzy feet [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I can't wait!

3. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Such Cuteness!!! They are good looking babies!!

4. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    HeHe! That first picture was made after they'd had 10 minutes or so to get used to it. I forgot to take the camera out with me initially. [​IMG]

Do you see the mud on their little beaks? Once they got past the freaked stage, they had a blast pecking around in the mud. I also filled up the big chick feeder and they thought that was great fun.
    I think #3 and #4 are the same chick. It's really hard to tell! I need to leg band them at some point so I can start tracking who is who. Now that everybody is getting fluffy they're starting to look the same! These guys are incredibly fluffy. They make my hatchery silkies just look pitiful!
    I can't wait either. I figure they'll start laying in the late spring. Whoohoo!! [​IMG]

5. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Quote:Thanks! These are the first SQ silkies I've ever had. They are sooooo pretty and sweet! [​IMG]

6. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Oh No! I feel myself being sucked in. Help! The cuteness of the silkies may just get me yet...

Too late. Puffy little balls of sunshine. I think I need some. [​IMG]

7. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Now that what I call
    some cutie ptooties ,
    Im new to silkies have 2 blk and 4 white and they sure are balls of fur.
    the first born
    found his voice this morning
    to give us our first wake up call.
    So I hope he is the only roo. its all white and soft as silk.
    But one other loves to put
    his/ her head into the water bowl.[​IMG]

8. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    Quote:Oh, You DO, you DO!!! They have sweet little personalities, and they are sooooo soft!!

9. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Absolutely gorgeous!!! What breeder did you get them from? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    BWAAAHAAAHAAAA!!! We've sucked in another one. [​IMG] I knew we'd draw you to the dark side, Lauralou! [​IMG]

Sissy- so far these babies are just making baby noises, but I think I have at least one rooster in the lot. I hope I have at least one. I want to make more! [​IMG]

silkieluver- these all came from Jack Ferguson of Knoxville. He has the prettiest chickens. I met him at the American Silkie Bantum Association's national show. His birds were GORGEOUS!!!! These guys are growing into stunning birds as well. I would totally recommend him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by