1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

A silkie with BLUE earlobes? Am I a roo or a pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HawaiiHorseGirl, May 21, 2010.

1. HawaiiHorseGirl

HawaiiHorseGirl In the Brooder

Mar 21, 2010
    Hawaii
    I love the blue earlobes but have never seen this before. This silkie is almost 3 months old... any guesses?

[​IMG]

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I'm saying pullet. Yes blue earlobes are common but the best is a mulberry colour. I'm no silkie expert but I think it's correct. [​IMG]

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    All silkies are SUPPOSED to have blue/turquoise earlobes. Mulberry earlobes is a defect.

Looks like a cockerel.

4. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

I agree, looks like a cockerel with those couple of streamers coming off the top, as Sonoran Silkies said.

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  5. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    I am going with pullet,
    but do you see these extra poilnty feathers comeing from teh head? if so they are called streamers ( boy) if not ( pullet)

6. Yep, I've got a white silkie with blue earlobes. I think they all have. [​IMG]

7. nzpouter

nzpouter Songster

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    I say a girl...

8. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    ICallMyselfCherie' :

Yep, I've got a white silkie with blue earlobes. I think they all have. [​IMG]

yes all silkies should have the blue earlobes. i love the blue earlobes, sooo adorible.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by