1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

a silkies home

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Silkie2, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Silkie2

Silkie2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2016
    New England
    Does anyone have pics of a run or a place for silkies to stay instead of with the rest of the hens where they could get picked on.
    I have an old run but I feel like it would be to small for them to 'live' in. I just need some ideas for my silkies that I will have in about 2 weeks.

2. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO
    I will be getting silkies in May. I just plan on building them a small separate coop and run to stay in along with the bantam Polish and cochins I'm getting at the same time. It's going to be in the middle of my vegetable garden, so these girls will be on bug patrol. There will be a broody pen close by since their other job will be hatching and caring for any chicks.

3. Brookliner

Brookliner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2012
    Southern New Hampshire
    I have my silkies and a sizzle in their own coop with a separate run. They do fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by