A soft shelled egg INSIDE a soft shelled egg.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bigdaddyabc, Aug 13, 2010.

1. bigdaddyabc

bigdaddyabc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Greer
    So I went out to the coop this evening and found a new one. A softshelled egg inside another soft shelled egg. The inner one had a yolk, but not the outer. I have about 10 pounds of oyster shell in a pan in the run for them too! Crazy stuff, huh?? They eat well, get lots of BOSS and other seeds, bugs, grass, etc. while free ranging, on top of their normal feed. I thought the egg slowdown was due to the heat, and all the other egss have been normal, just this one tonight. I am hoping it is just a hitch in her get-a-long.

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Yup, the heat is stressing everyone out out. I refuse to complain after the non-summer we had last year, but if you listen carefully you'll hear my chickens in the background grumping about it. [​IMG] Short memories those birds.

3. bigdaddyabc

bigdaddyabc Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Greer
    Mine give me the 'ol stink eye as if I turned the heat on and I can cool it off at will. Crazy chickens! I don't even get as much love for treats anymore. They eat them and love them, they just look at me accusingly as they do it.....and NOW the whacky egg. I do believe it is a conspiracy that is rapidly advancing to a full blown revolt.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by