a sort of bantam roosters...what are we? **pics added**

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
ok ive just had a big box of chickens left outside on my porch...i think someone has dumped their unwanted roo's on me(!) but wow they are beautiful and shall definatly get a nice home here
smile.png

the majority all seem to be young roo's from the same nest (same type, size, same colours, all with featherd legs and feet, single combs, beards) then there is a black one which has 5 toes but not a silkie (has smooth feathering). im half leaning towards it being a pullet as i see no pointy saddle feathers and a nearly none existant comb . then theres a big silkie roo (what colour please?) and another older looking bantam roo (father of the younger ones maybe? but his tail stands straight) the older roo and the silkie are so so soooooo tame its unbelievable!

edit......im trying my hardest to upload photos but cant get any host site to load have no idea whats wrong with this computer lol! i can email pics to anyone who is willing to pop them on here for me? cant even get my page on here to load to upload them onto that!

Last edited:
I see a mille-fluer (maybe an ameraucana? )mix here. The beards and combs are from the mille fluer, but they also have aspects of an ameraucana/EE. Weird! But all of them are really pretty! That black one looks like a girl!
droolin.gif

snowhunter.......many many thanks for getting those up for me...i appreciate it a lot!!

ok so #1,2,7,8 and 13 are of the young looking roo's.
#9 + 11 are the 'older' looking bantam,
the black chicken is the (what i hope is) a pullet

and the rest are the silkie......

any ideas?

I see several EE mixes & Silkie mixes... one looks like a purebread silkie partridge. I also see a mille fleur mix as well... part cochin maybe?

Back
Top Bottom