A special blessing from God!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by goobhen, Mar 28, 2009.

1. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    First let me state this is my fault!! Bella is my youngest dog (she was dumped on my front porch last May). The first day we brought her in I removed over 51 ticks from her ears. She still had puppy breath and was tiny, I think she may have been 6 weeks at the oldest. Last night my DH & I stopped for dinner after work. I took the garbage out & Bella darted out of the door. I wasn't too worried as we live out in the country on a private drive... Bella loves to chase cars (which is why we don't let her out the front doors, just the door to the fenced-in dog yard). Of course the worse happens, I hear her yelping (I never heard a vehicle). A truly horrible sound. She came in when I called her, she seemed to be limping just a little on her back leg. My DH says "she seems fine". He said to let her rest. I decided that I needed to check her out more. I went to her and I could smell blood, you know that sickening sweet smell when you are butchering something, that smell. I checked her over and could not find any blood..... I finally found ONE small drop of blood on her back leg. By this time I could tell she was going into shock. My vet refers after hour cases to an emergency vet one hour drive away. Fort-five minutes into the drive, I don't believe she is going to make it. She was in shock really bad. We get to the vet finally. We were going to have to wait because they were really busy. The tech takes her back & comes right back out to say they need to start IV & give her morephine & Ace because she is in so much pain and in shock. Then wait for a hour, then x-rays, wait a hour....finally the vet comes out & shows the x-rays!! Woo hoo, she had absolutely no internal injureis with the exception of two breaks on her pelvis bone. First of all very painful, break but not life-threatening nor surgery required! She had some bruising on her ribs. What I think is miraculous is that if I hadn't smelled the blood, I would have listened to my husband who didn't think she was injured (other than shook up). The vet said that he needed to get Bella over the shock, which was the truth.... She still was in shock 4 hours later. They called me this morning and we get to pick her up in 30 minutes! I call Bella my drop of sunshine from God. She is a very cheerful loving spirit. Sorry that my post is so long, but PRAISE THE LORD, HE blesses me in spite of my mistakes!
    Theresa

2. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    you are very lucky to have bella. give her a hug for me.

3. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    God is Good!! I hope your drop of sunshine makes a complete recovery.

4. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    Whew!

Having just gone through a few trips to the emergency vet this year, I know how you feel. Appreciate every moment you have with her.

5. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule

Dec 6, 2008
    Indiana
    Bella is home now!! She is resting though. The vet sent home pain meds. Thanks for the kind words! Theresa

6. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Thank God she's alright!

Now, before you leave the vet's office, make sure he can write a prescription for nerve pills.

For you, of course. Not Bella. Pain pills will suffice just fine.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    Thats good news!

Maybe we see pictures of your beautiful Bella?

8. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    So good to hear Bella is home resting. Thank you Lord

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    SO glad that she is on the mend! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. goobhen

goobhen Chicks Rule