A Story of My flock Members...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hen Heaven, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Hen Heaven

Hen Heaven Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2014
    One day I was going down to the chicken coop and I had grain in my hand. I tossed it out to the chickens. Then I looked at Wooster, our white silky rooster. He is very clumsy. When he turned his back on me for one second, I threw the grain. And all of a sudden, he jumped up two feet high and almost did a backflip.[​IMG] He hit his back very hard and you could hear it!! He looked at me and went "buckok". He continued eating grain the rest of the time I was down there. Oh Wooster!![​IMG]

Sorry the story is so plain, I was talking to the computer. It typed it out for me.
    FOR MORE, SUBSCRIBE!!!

2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    That is too funny! Your story is great because I have had Silkie roosters and I can completely picture one of them doing that. [​IMG]
    One time I was outside with my girls and I threw one of those popper firework things and all of my girls jumped at once. [​IMG]

3. Hen Heaven

Sep 6, 2014
    Oh!!! That's great! That has happened to my flock before!

One time, Wooster made me mad. So, I picked him up and threw him and our shallow pond. I didn't know what I was thinking!!! Luckily, he was alright. Wooster swam!!! He actually swam!! So, he paddled like a dog with his feet, then got out of the pond. He was soaking wet!!! I felt sad after that happened. But we were all fine. He scampered away...

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] That's a silly boy! Glad he's okay. [​IMG]

5. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    No way, that's hilarious!
    I take my 3 silkie hens with me every time I go to the lake with my family. This June I brought my hen Ebony to the dock, which wasn't a great idea. I dropped some type of net, which scared her and she jumped into the lake! She was actually swimming for a few seconds, but I jumped in after her and got her out. Case in point; chickens can swim, but only for a few seconds. [​IMG]

6. Hen Heaven

Sep 6, 2014
    Wow!! That would be great on camera...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by