A stranger came to visit a friend, Owner found and didn't want them

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
A beautiful bird!! It showed up in one of my friends yards today so he snapped a pic of it and sent it to me. He has it in a pen next to his peacocks right now. It's tail feathers are so long! One came out when he was trying to get it out of where it was and into a pen and the feather is over 36 inches long, he gave it to me!
Sorry about the poor quality, snapped on a cell phone, sent to a phone, loaded on a 'puter, then uploaded here lol! It's gold with black highlights and kind of looks like it's wearing a white mask and face piece? Hard to describe other than beautiful!
5415_0113091711.jpg

5415_0113091710a.jpg

Last edited:
Writer, it's beautiful from what I can see.
Definitely looks like some sort of pheasant to me, but I wouldn't have a clue what kind.

Quote:
most likely, but there are some feral flocks of them across the U.S. tell your friend if she plans on catching or handling him to wear good leather gloves as their spurs are needle point sharp and they got strong legs to go with it.

it is a pheasant.. what kind not sure...
here are pictures of a reeves
yeah coming into the yard and upto a coop,, i bet it is a lost "pet" and not a wild animal.. still be carefull if you catch it..

18399_phes.jpg

18399_phest3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom