A Sweater for Sienna

It's really cute, but as usual, I have a warning for you, this time about the sweater. If they begin picking at the yarn, it's possible for one of them to get a thread wrapped around their tongue. It's why we pick up all strings around this place. Just watch for that. It's not pretty when that happens, so want her and the others to be safe.

Quote:
Oh can I ever vouch for that! Please! Please! PLEASE don't ever allow stray strings around your birds! I lost a beautiful BO hen to one of those darn pull strings on a bag of feed that I had setting on the top shelf in the coop. I thought it was safe up there because the girls never went up on the top shelf. (too high or so I had thought!)

One morning I came in to discover Mable with the string tied around her tongue. I turned away for just an instant to reach the scissors I kept in a box on the top shelf....Mable leaped in fright...the rest is just too horrible to relate to you all, even three years later. Suffice it to say, the lesson has never been lost on any of us around here! Strings, as innocent as they may look, can be deadly!

All that aside, what a cute picture! I have a little GSL that seems to refuse to finish up her molt this year...and with subfreezing temps during the day, I worry about her poor little butt...She's getting around just fine. Full of vim and vigor, but that little bottom of hers looks so cold. I pick her up and cuddle her as often as I can. She seems to appreciate the quick warm up time in my arms. I sure wish I could find something like this to keep her warm until her feathers (of which we've not seen hide nor hair of, no pun intended, for quite some time) return. Oh how I wish I had access to my sewing machine...but, it's in storage until we finish building the house. Hang in there Abigail...momma will think of something!
gig.gif

Very cute! I love the evil eye look - I know my birds hate any sort of clothing-type modification - even the Polish having their hair done up is something of a trouble for the first half hour. The worst, though, is trying to get something to cover my Turken's neck for this cold season. She absolutely hates it, and tries her best to shake it, scratch it, or pull it off. Eventually it came off. . .

Back
Top Bottom