"A Tale of Two Preppers"---anyone else read?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by donrae, Sep 30, 2012.

1. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I just started this book, it's a freebie or 99cent on Kindle. I'm so country, I'm having a hard time dealing with the character's lifestyle! The wife doesn't leave her building for days sometimes, they don't own a can opener..........Oh my. I know folks who don't cook much, but I guess everyone I know at least knows how to make some basics and has some basic things like condiments, etc and basic kitchen utensils. This is just so foreign to me!
    I can see how some folks could identify with it, though, and use it as a start for prepping. You can't have less than these folks! Except money, they don't seem worried about budgeting, etc.

Anyone else read or reading this book? I'm just on the first little bit, so no spoilers please, just general discussion.

2. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I just looked it up on Amazon which is where you got it. I don't know if I would have got it. The 7 that rated it 5 stars REALLY liked it, the other six REALLY didn't. I might have gotten it.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    You know, I didn't even look at the reviews! I'd seen it before, and was just loading my kindle so got it. I'll have to finish, then go see how the reviews match up with my feelings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by