A temp "exercise" pen....(pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bzbrown, Aug 1, 2011.

1. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

So my chickens have learned that they really like free ranging. I do NOT have a back yard set up for free ranging, and if they go on the side with the dog run, the dogs see them and flip out. This morning, I grabbed up a few bits and pieces of this and that, and added a small fenced in area where they can go out of their already roomy fenced in coop/run for "outside" time. It is not the finished product, still need to add a gate, and eventually the plan is to enclose it just like their other run, add some roost and a small pond/fountain. But for today, they got to "go out" and enjoy some ice cold watermelon, dirt baths and bugs before being shoo'd back into the lockable run.

Here is a pic of todays addition, along with a pic of the coop from the front, and a bit of garden next to the coop.

ETA. Got a bit of editing to my byc page with more pics of the coop and garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. Rachy

Rachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    UK
    Awww, that's such a cheery run, I love it! [​IMG] Great job too!

3. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    Well that's just stink'n cute!!! [​IMG] Only we need more pictures!!!!! [​IMG]

4. bzbrown

Thanks! I have tons of coop/run/garden pics. I need to make my profile page I thinks!

5. bzbrown

So we sat out with them this evening while they finished off some treats. LOL silly things started chirping super loud like they do at bed time, and tried to figure out where to go to bed. The covered run to their coop was wide open, but I guess the extra space was confusing. It was cute. I took pity and lead them into the covered run, where they all quickly found their way to the coop, and were locked up for the evening...

6. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by