A thought came to mind...Is a dog really mans best friend?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bheila, Dec 13, 2008.

1. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    My mom sent me this email and it got me thinking about how loyal my dog really is.

A dog is truly a man's best friend.
    If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.
    Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour.
    When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?

I know, it's funny right? But think about how forgiving our animals really are to us. [​IMG]

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG]

That's terrible!! [​IMG]

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Loyal or just dumb?

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    That is funny!...and SO true!....i'd beat the crud otta' my husband....but my dog would lick him to death with happiness to just see him!...[​IMG]...Thats why i love my dogs so much...their hearts are just so full of love for us...even sickos that abuse their dogs ...the dogs will STILL wag their tag and try to be friends with the person...it always amazes me how loving and forgiving dogs are...[​IMG]....i can never REALLY ever be mad at my dogs..even when they chew a hole in my door....rip my siding off my house... go through 3 screen doors..[​IMG]...(and the list goes on...LOL..)..because they just look up at me with those puppy dog eyes....

5. debilorrah

We love our dog too, but he happens to be dumb as a stump. I on the other hand, am not. So yeah, I would slap him silly and Mac would lick him to death.

6. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:LOL debi!...No!..[​IMG]..they are not dumb!..they honestly just want to please their owners..its a pack thing..they adore their leaders...[​IMG]..

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    LOL..okay..you win..some dogs really can be dumb..now that i think about it..my male Saint Bernard is dumb as a stump also...lol...[​IMG]..

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  8. debilorrah

I really think I win - mine eats glass and doesn't bleed. Makes me shake my head everytime I think about it. Not like we give it to him as a treat, but he ate a whole tumbler once while I was running across the yard to stop him. By the time I got there the glass was gone, except the bottom of it. Dumb dog.

9. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    you could have him be a circus side show act..lol..you know those guys who eat the glass?.[​IMG]....he could be their dog in the show..youd be rich!.[​IMG]....lol..i can see the headlines now.."the amazing glass eating man AND his faithful glass eating companion"..lol..okay..i know..i'm a dork..[​IMG]..

10. debilorrah

No seriously you may have something there... He is really a good dog, but he keeps growing... and GROWING! He must weight 100 lbs right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by