A thought for merchandise

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by herechickchick, Jan 27, 2009.

1. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    So with what 25,000 plus members why don't we put together a calendar. Make it a contest with guidelines and the mods can judge the 12 winners. I would buy a BYC calender. I am sure this has been posted before but I thought I would throw it out there for next year.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great idea and has been on the todo list for... um... 2 years! [​IMG]

Terrie and I just realized that I missed the opportunity for 2009, but we should work on one for 2010 and add a few extra months to it (bakers dozen?).

We're thinking about using some of the best POW's from the previous year(s) and making a collage for each month.

3. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is a good Idea,

One more thought would be BYC remember bands!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
  4. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I can see the competition for the pics now...lol. This could get ugly [​IMG]

Like the idea though !!!!

Julie [​IMG]

5. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    With the simple software available these days, it should be doable. But to Rob's point, been on many of our "to-do" lists for some time.

It would be a great contest, though. Winner gets some type of prize (claim to fame?). Sell the winning calendar, proceeds to go to Robb to be used to complete part of a "Top 10" wish list on BYC improvements.

Just a thought.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

This brings up a good (semi-related) point: We're always looking for responsible and creative members to take on fun projects big and small. With the thousands of people with such diversity of talents, imagine what we could do if we all pulled together our abilities and strengths!

So, if you have an idea and want to be a BYC Project Manager submit your idea and credentials to me or any staff member! [​IMG]

7. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

What about the Remember Bands, I have the website. Would you like it?
    If so I will PM you it!

8. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    While were on the ideas for merchandise, My grandparent used to have his and her coffee mugs. Grandpa's had a strutting rooster and said "I rule the roost" Grandma's had a hen with a rolling pin that said "I rule the rooster".

Any chance of making some of those?

9. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I love that mug idea!

Calendars, ON THE LIST! I will remind Rob.

Wolfbird, what is a remember band?

10. wishin4chicken

wishin4chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2008
    Hayden Lake, Idaho
    I definitely want a calendar and love the contest idea!!! His/her coffee mugs are great, too!!

Michele.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by