A tiny bit of good news in my otherwise not so good news life

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Jan 22, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I haven't mentioned it but I'm having trouble with my parents, not going into detail but I'm ready to pull my hair out and send their motorhome down the road.

As I've mentioned the County is forcing a sewer line down our throats and I have until Jan 31 to pay 650 of the fees and then get the permit and pay several thousand to have a contractor come dig and install the line and hook it up.
    My brother just called me and said he was up at the County offices because he has to do this too, and they are going to have to give out waivers because several hundred people cannot afford this. They didn't ask us if we wanted it, and made the cutoff day the 31st of January, instead of after we get taxes back.
    So I only have to come up with 350 to buy myself a 5 month extension and make payments.

A little good news is better than none!!!! I told my neighbor I was going to post my PayPal address on Myspace and Tagged and tell everyone send $5, support the poor of NM!! LOL,,, she didn't think that would work. But at least we can breath a little easier.

2. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    I am sorry to hear about this financial situation. It seems that maybe your county might have considered the tough economic situation a lot of people are finding themselves in and postponed this project.

Can you guys fight this?

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    We started fighting last year when they started digging. They didn't tell us then that as soon as the first part was done anyone within 300 feet of it would have to hook up right away and pay upfront! They have grants to help out but you have to make less than 12000.00 a year for a family of two! I don't qualify. If I hadn't spent so much on my mom's hospital bill I'd have it, but I emptied my bank account for that. I'm surprised they gave us this concession.

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    wow that is rough. Where do they expect people to come up with that kind of money?

We were just wiped out in December paying county taxes on both cars. [​IMG]

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Oh yeah, I have house and land taxes too,, It blows my mind that this time last year I had several thousand in my account for savings and emergencies and one big emergency wiped me out.

6. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thank you, I feel bad for whining,, I've been doing a lot of it these past few weeks!

8. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Sorry you're going through all of this. Don't apologize for whining - we're all friends here and we're here for you. I love that about this site - everyone is generally very caring and supportive!

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is insane that, in this economy, they would think everyone can just poop out $650. I would be furious!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    I thought most places 'grandfathered' you in. BUT when and if you sold the house, it would then need to be hooked up to the main sewer line.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by