A tiny mystery eggs

Soso

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2021
So today i came to check for chicken eggs, and i saw that one of my hens went realy broody. I checked on her nest, and i saw something pretty interesting. There were 2 chicken eggs and... A tiny egg? I also checked on other hen's nest and... A tiny egg again! Tiny eggs were the same size, color, and rexture. I took one of tiny eggs and i cracked it to see, if it's just a under developed chicken egg, but it was like normal egg and the yolk had this small white spot that means egg is vertile. I was also candling second tiny egg, but i didn't saw anything. We have so many wild birds flying and running around but I'm not sure any of them would come so close, and I don't think any bird around my farm would lay such eggs.

Some important things:
- I don't have a rooster
- My chickens and ducks are pretty loud, so i think it would scare a smaller bird
- One tiny egg was in nesting box, second was on low celling on the top of duck's part(chickens can jump on it and both places were around 4 feet high)
- yolk in tiny egg was small and more yellow than orange, like in chicken eggs
- both tiny eggs have pretty thicc shell

Here is a picture of tiny egg, on the second picture there is that tiny egg compared to normal chicken egg

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_115815.jpg
    IMG_20210519_115815.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210519_192601.jpg
    IMG_20210519_192601.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom