A Tisket, A Tasket ...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MissPrissy, Jan 18, 2008.

1. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    ... an egg filled basket!

[​IMG]

I got 25 eggs today. The most yet!

It is like an easter egg hunt every single day when I go out and look in the nest boxes and there they are.

As of today all 3 of the polish are laying, finally. They are the late bloomers of the crowd.

I am going to post in the buy sell trade section but Elvis and his harem of 3 ladies are in need of a new home. Only one roo to the hen house and it is time Elvis had his own house.

2. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    aww! I am so jealous!!!! I am still awaiting my very first egg. I received my chicks in mid September.

3. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    yay for pretty eggs. i think i have that same basket at my house. lol

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    sweet. I should get my first from my tiniest pullet soon. shes about 28 weeks....i think?

5. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Hey! Did you steal my eggs? [​IMG] Those look just like my eggs. That is great that you are getting so many eggs. It makes it fun, doesn't it!

6. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    If those eggs belonged to anyone else I would be wondering what in the world they do with all of them, but.....since they are yours, they will be baked, scrambled, frozen, fried and probably alot of other sensible things!!! I have that many in my frig from several days this week and am having trouble figuring out what to do with them cannot imagine what I would do with 25 a day!!!

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    My girls are starting to lay real well again and the new pullets are getting the hang of it.....so many I fed 2 doz. back to them today to up their protein....

Nothings any prettier than a basket filled with eggs...can't go hungry that way!!...lots of baking and a cookin....

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

When you feed them back to them, do you boil them or scramble them?

9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Pretty!! I'm so envious. It's going to be months before I have eggs again.[​IMG]

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Quote:Either way they will gobble them up in no time flat.

What I do most often is boiled them, chop them (shells and all), mix them with a pot of cooked white rice then mix in some of my homemade yogurt. It seems like they lick the bowl clean when it is all said and done. LOL

Scrambled - I also sell a few eggs to my village neighbors. Everyone wants farm fresh eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by