A total loss

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by coffeemama, Apr 9, 2008.

1. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Well, I waited and waited and nothing hatched. Last night I decided to unplug the bator. This morning I opened all of the eggs up-so sad. The chicks were all growing up to about day 18-they looked like perfect little babies. My 2 remaining shipped eggs had stopped growing a while ago. It was cool to actually see chicks from my eggs, but I wish they were hatched and running around. I'm getting more eggs next week, and hopefully the upgrade to the hova genesis will help with a more successful hatch!

2. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry. [​IMG] Good luck on the next one!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am sorry. I lost my small hatch last week too. I have a bigger hatch due next week! Sometimes it takes a little to work the bugs out to get a good hatch. I hope you have better luck next time.

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Been there. it sucks, good luck on your next batch.

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I've been there too. I've done two hatches and only got one bird, the lone survivor. Keep faith though. I just recieved some replacement eggs and my hovagenesis is being shipped today.

6. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Best of luck with the next one. [​IMG]

7. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Any idea what went wrong?

8. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    You are definitely not alone! My broody didn't hatch a single egg, and now she has this bothersome limp! The vet won't look at her until tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    I'm praying we will both be more successful next time. [​IMG]

9. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Wow, that stinks, I'm so sorry. I wouldn't give up though. Its just too exciting to not do it again.

I have to ask, what type of incubator were you using? I wonder if its the same I am because I'm having some of the same experiences.

Julie

10. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm sorry believe me I know what it is like. Don't give up though. alot of this is trial and error until you get a better bator but i know alot of people on here that have used the still incubators and have a lot of success.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by