A total loss

coffeemama

Barista Queen
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Oregono
Well, I waited and waited and nothing hatched. Last night I decided to unplug the bator. This morning I opened all of the eggs up-so sad. The chicks were all growing up to about day 18-they looked like perfect little babies. My 2 remaining shipped eggs had stopped growing a while ago. It was cool to actually see chicks from my eggs, but I wish they were hatched and running around. I'm getting more eggs next week, and hopefully the upgrade to the hova genesis will help with a more successful hatch!

So sorry.
hugs.gif
Good luck on the next one!

I am sorry. I lost my small hatch last week too. I have a bigger hatch due next week! Sometimes it takes a little to work the bugs out to get a good hatch. I hope you have better luck next time.

You are definitely not alone! My broody didn't hatch a single egg, and now she has this bothersome limp! The vet won't look at her until tomorrow.
barnie.gif

I'm praying we will both be more successful next time.
big_smile.png

Wow, that stinks, I'm so sorry. I wouldn't give up though. Its just too exciting to not do it again.

I have to ask, what type of incubator were you using? I wonder if its the same I am because I'm having some of the same experiences.

Julie

I'm sorry believe me I know what it is like. Don't give up though. alot of this is trial and error until you get a better bator but i know alot of people on here that have used the still incubators and have a lot of success.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom