1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A tough decision

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by 6chicks&aduck, Oct 19, 2011.

1. 6chicks&aduck

6chicks&aduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    S E North Dakota
    I've had to sell my chickens coop and all ,[​IMG] ive had some illnesses that have compromised my immune system and my doctors think it would be best to not have them any more . I was so stressed about it, but realized it's for the best im doing ok, but i sure am going to miss them !

2. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    So sorry that you had to give up your birds. Just stop by BYC when you need a chicken fix.

3. 6chicks&aduck

6chicks&aduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    S E North Dakota
    thanks , and o i will definitely do that !

4. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Sorry. [​IMG]

5. NorthestGeorgia14

NorthestGeorgia14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Rome Ga
    Umm sorry to hear that .

6. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    I don't know what ii would do if I couldn't have my chiickens anymore. They have become such a huge part of my life. There wouuld be such a void...so sorry you had to do thiis....but isn't there any other option? Like, weariing a mask around them? Aren't there ways to build uup your mmune system? I mean, chickens aren't THAT much of a health risk, if you do it right.

My mother has almost no white blood cells and an extrmely weak immune system...has been anemic her whole llfe....she just doeesnt listen to the doctors. She's heallthy as can be. Still has our horse and goes to the barn every day, rides her motorcycle, etc. I don't always necessarily listen to or believe everytthing doctors say, either. Is it better to live longer without the things you love or liive lfe to the fullest and take what comes?

Of course, I don't know your situation at all, so..... take this with a grain of salt if it offends.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad.

8. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    I don't know what I would do. [​IMG] I'am so sorry that you had to do that. [​IMG] I hope you get better. [​IMG]

9. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] So sad! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by