1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

a tour of some of my flowers - SPRING is here -

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well it has been getting warmer - I think yesterday we hit 80 !!
    I just thought I would post a few pictures of a few things that have started to grow - I will add a few more pics as things start growing and blooming

a climbing rose --

[​IMG]

this is what the rose will be climbing on ( as soon as DH gets off his butt to help me put it in the ground ) can you believe someone was throwing it away !!

[​IMG]

this is called Candytuft - it is a hedge that hopefully will grow big and spread along where my dog's run is
    [​IMG]

I have no clue what these are but I liked them and planted two in the front of my house
    [​IMG]

my honeysuckle
    [​IMG]

my strawberry pot is full - I have a few flowers on it already - if I can keep the birds and chickens away i might get a few berries this time
    [​IMG]

this is Georgia Speedwell - if you want something that comes back every year and grows fast and thick this is perfect for you
    [​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed a small walk around my flower beds I will post more pics later of a few other things I have planted

Julie

2. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Your plants all look good. The only thing that we have growing right now are tulips (My moms) and some cabbage plants. Good luck keeping the chickens and the birds away. The bird eat all the cherys every year.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  3. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Very nice flowers!!

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Ah signs of spring. Great find on that headboard. I hate to break it to you, but that candytuft will spread a little but won't get very big (tall). I have one by my driveway and it's about a foot in diameter but stays the same height. It sure is pretty tho. [​IMG] All your flowers look so pretty. I really need to get my yard cleaned up before I plant anything.

5. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    thanks for sharing your flowers, i have some old iron headboards that DH bought me at yard sale i was considering using them for my vines also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by