A trend we can hope 'dyes' quickly..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

2. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    Being a former dog groomer this is very interesting to me. Groomers in the US compete all the time with 'dye' job dogs. It is concerning to see them dyeing them in hopes of getting them adopted. Thanks for sharing this.

3. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    First chicks,now dogs..... [​IMG]

4. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    LOL, I was just reading this on Cnn. Interesting. And I expect it to be as illegal in certain states as chicks that are dyed.

Wasn't there already a case somewhere of a lady who was fined daily for having a dog that was dyed pink? She did it for breast cancer awareness.....not sure where I read it.

5. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Well, I suppose if they use food coloring or Kool Aid on a white dog, ie a poodle, it probably doesn't bother the dog (still stupid, imo), but BLEACH?!?!?

For crying out loud.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

There is not even a remote comparision to this artwork and dying chicks. I can guarantee you that these dogs are so spoiled it aint even funny. These owners have a vested financial interest in their dogs, and I bet they are treated like children. Do any of them look at all mistreated? Some of the photos I have seen the owners are beaming with pride, and really, does the dog care? Not if you have bacon they don't.

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

8. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    Those cat pics are Photoshop jobs, btw. Theres a way to change the color of stuff in Photoshop without changing the texture or detail. It's quite easy, if one is familiar with retouching methods, although some of those pics are pretty expert jobs.

Can you imagine getting a cat to sit still for dyeing? LOL

9. Camelot Farms

Quote:I should begin by saying that I am over sensitive to some things...lol...but last year at our county fair, I went into the 'petting zoo' and there was a horse covered in children's handprints. The paint was water soluble and all that but something about it just seemed wrong. Apparently for 1$ the children could put their hand print on the horse and then the money went to a charity.

Honestly, the horse looked unhappy. He just sort of stood there, head down as thought to say 'what in the H E double hockey sticks is this sticky/stiff stuff all over me'

I just dont think that animals are intended to be art. JMHO [​IMG]

10. Camelot Farms

Quote:I guess I wouldnt have minded so much if it had been the kool-aid kind of dye-job but this is obviously the 'real' stuff. One has to wonder how the animals skin reacts to the dye. I know I have voluntarily dyed my hair several times and every once in awhile you get that one that itches and itches.

I dont think animals were intended to be the canvas for art [​IMG].

And I also wonder what this does on the adoption front. Folks get this really cool looking tiger dyed dog and then when it wears off they just have a plain ol' dog that may end up in the unwanted pile again.

Lots of ramifications.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by