1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

a tribute to Jade

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by silkielover5, Oct 23, 2011.

1. silkielover5

silkielover5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2011
    Hudson WI
    2 years ago today my black silkie pullet died after saving her silkie sister from a rat. we went out to the coop and there were black and white feathers everywhere (sister was white) later found jade deheaded in a rat nest under our coop along with baby rats and eggs. her sister Pugy was almost bald. jade was very protective of her sis so we are thinking she saved her sister from the rat. that night we fenced in the bottum of coop and put a hose down there to drown them. we havent had a rat problem since

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Awww thats so sad. I'm very sorry [​IMG] Thats is so sweet that Jade loved her sis so much.

3. I salute her, for bravery and sacrifice when love demanded it most. Curse those rats to heck! I wish they would just leave us alone or do this > [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by