A trip down the Redwood Highway and somehow came home chicks *pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cetawin, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    on the way out of town today a friend caught me at the gas station and was telling me that he would of course be helping me build my chicken coop when we move into our new house in July and he would buy the food and stuff if I, being so good with the babies, would get him 4 or 5 good layers and raise them for him...and he would get the eggs. He really likes RIRs and BAs followed by the Wyandottes. [​IMG]

Sooooo, on the way home, we stopped at the local feed store to pick up some chick grit for my 10 week old girls and what do they have....5 one week old BA pullets.

Well, he is building a bigger coop now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course the spoiling by the child began immediately....

[​IMG]

So currently, there are 6 10 week olds, 5 one week olds and 21 day olds coming in late July. [​IMG] I have the disease! [​IMG]

A footnote...the 10 week old girls are not appreciative of the cute fuzzy butts. They were throwing some glares and dirty looks their way. [​IMG]

Edit: we did stop along the way to see the redwoods up close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    DH said he knew when he told me I could not go down to Sacremento and get Tripod, the three legged rooster, that he was in trouble and somehow I would end up with at least one baby this weekend. bwahahahaha I got 5. That'll teach him.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  3. NU CHICKS

NU CHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    Wyoming
    Quote:So did you end up getting Tripod. He is so cute. Please keep letting us know how he is doing? I would love to see when he is all grown up what the ladies think of him. [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] No I did not get to go get him. She is almost 9 hours from me and hubby said I could not drive that far to get him.

So I ended up with 5 more girls. I would have loved to have gotten Tripod though.

5. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    Those are some cute chicks! I know as soon as I go outside it will come to me, but what is a BA? Black Astrolorp? They look so soft! And Cetawin, thank goodness there is someone around to spoil them!

6. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    LOL, that'll teach 'em! I can't get over the size of the redwoods. I need to put that on my list of things to do before I die. Go see the redwoods in person.

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Indeed BA = Black Australorp [​IMG]

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:They are truly awe inspiring...definitely put them on your list. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by