A Trip to Goodwill paid off big today guys!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rebel Rooster, May 21, 2010.

1. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Here's the deal... we got a new "Goodwill" store here close to home that opened up back in March... Well, needless to say, that in this economy... we make frequent trips to this fine store!
    OK... my wife, daughter and myself walked into the store around 4:00 pm this afternoon (just before the Friday crowd hit it)
    I spotted this thing as soon as I walked back to the electronics area...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yep!! There it was... GQF Genesis 1588 with the auto turner in it... marked...... are U ready for this!
    $10.00... Yeah! 10 bucks! And aside from a little dried chick poo on the outer shell... it appears to have been used 1 time! I've never used a "Store Bought" bator before (I've always built my own) If you look close in the 2nd pic, you'll see one of my "Cooler/Bators" under the Genesis... I've heard a lot of good things about this little 12volt DC bator... I fired it up when I got home and as U can see... she's holden just over 100*!!! I'm gonna stuff it with pheasant eggs and see what happens!
    How bout dat for a shrewd deal! [​IMG]

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Songster

May 21, 2008
    Why can't I find a deal like that, I have been pricing them with turners at 175ish.

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    OMG what a great find!!!!!! even used they sell for over a hundren and with turner [​IMG]

awesome!!!

4. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Crowing

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Goodwill is my favorite place to shop..... You just never know what you will find.

5. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Sooooooo Jealous! I paid $180 for mine, plus another $40 for overnight shipping!

6. chickintexas

chickintexas Songster

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    Awww! You suck!!! [​IMG]
    Everyone I know always seem to find the most awesome deals ever. I always happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time! LOL! Congrats on your score!! My local GW store wants 80 bucks for a sheep skin rug. Hows that for a good deal? Especially since I can get one new for the same price!

7. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    That wasn't all... before we walked out of the door... my wife looked where they keep the toys, and asked me... isn't that a meat grinder box over there...?? sho-nuff, we walked over there and, there was a bran-new, never opened, half horse power, stainless steel meat grinder for.... 9 bucks!!! It was a great day at the Goodwill store!! I looked it up online and it goes for $175.00!!! Wow...

8. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Songster

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    My local goodwill pulls all the good stuff and sells it on Ebay! Boo hiss!!

9. chickintexas

chickintexas Songster

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    Stop it, Rebel! You're killing me with all your awesome scores! I spent enough money on the meat grinder attachment for my KitchenAid mixer!! And it sucks! LOL!

10. fishfarmer

fishfarmer In the Brooder

Jan 7, 2010
    Twin Cities
    Sure does pay to reuse or buy re-use at GW. Speaking of GW, I will be heading over there this weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by