A Ukrainian homestead, anyone?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Tnic, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Tnic

Tnic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    Not my chickens, but the eggs were fantastic and they always enjoyed the treats we would bring from the kitchen. In fact they started coming to us when we showed looking for goodies. The Lord of the Flock stopped attacking us when he noticed we were caring for his girls.

The homestead belongs to our friends who lived in the same apartment building. We were toward the edge of town here and had a big green space that Pyoter (Ruski version of Peter, byw) out to good use.

We've moved to another part of town recently and don't get to see them now, but we have the memories of some beautiful people and tasty eggs.

Hope you enjoy a peak across the pond.

[​IMG]

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    There's nothing like eggs from free range chickens. I hope all is well for you in Ukraine, it certainly is in the news now.

I checked out your member introduction. Once you and your bride come to the states are you looking to settle in Maine again?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. Tnic

Tnic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    Thanks S & P.

Yes, alls well here. Don't believe all the media hype.

And yes, we plan to settle in Maine to be near to my aging parents. I hate the winters there, but the other 4 months are really nice. [​IMG]

4. Tnic

Tnic Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    Forgot to mention it.

If you checkout my youtube channel via the homestead link, I just put up a vid of life in the streets here. Titled Panic in the streets. Then you can put a face with the handle...and a name.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by