A very suspicious character

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Noble Rooster, May 24, 2010.

1. Noble Rooster

Noble Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    It was a dark and misty morning. Everyone was a little jumpy because of all the mysterious sounds going on: squirrels having a fight in a nearby tree, a propeller plane flying overhead. So it was just too much for the girls when this questionable individual was found skulking in some decorative grass. Yet, despite the suspicious clucking that even escalated into a full alarm call at one point, the girls couldn't tear themselves away. The stranger was too intriguing. "Is it possible that such a creature exists that can rival us in cuteness?" they asked. Each girl had to peek through the grass to find out for herself...

[​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Such evil cuteness!

3. Chicken Chaperone

Chicken Chaperone Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, what a sweet little cuddly.....wait, are those fangs?.. No? ...what a darling, timid little... hold on, do I see claws?..No?..
    Well, no matter what it is your chickens should rest easy because they are cuter! [​IMG]

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hmmm, very upsetting! An Easter Bunny?! At this time of year??!! [​IMG]

5. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    Cute yes, rare not so sure. I have had some of those killer bunnies here. My girls would sound the alarm also. But bunny would just hop away and pay them no mind. Kinda like those killer hoppy toads around.

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Too much evil cuteness for me.

We have tons of baby bunnies out right now...they are everywhere.

7. Noble Rooster

Noble Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    Perhaps they thought it was Bunnicula on his way home from his nightly vegetable garden raids. [​IMG]

I love all the babies at this time of year. After we saw this little guy I saw the first crop of wild turkey poults too, but of course my Blackberry chose to crash right then so I couldn't get a picture. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by