A Visit From Richard Ruby.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, May 15, 2011.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Some of you know Richard Ruby who runs the South Carolina Muscovy Duck Rescue. Last year he brought us 4 muscovy hens from his rescue. Drove from South Carolina to here in Southern Maryland (a 16+ hr. round trip) in his little white corvette with 4 muscovy hens in the back. [​IMG] All ducks were vetted, he paid for the gas etc, even brought us food and we had to FORCE him to take something from us to help cover everything. He's just a great guy who really only does it to help muscovy!

Well today... over a year later.. he surprised us and showed up to visit. He said he'd been in the area delivering more ducks and thought he'd stop by. It was so nice of him to stop by and see us and the flock (and their new ducklings!)

Richard is a great guy. He does so much for the muscovy and other wildlife. I just had to give him a shout out on BYC.

Thanks Richard!

2. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    Does he have a BYC?

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    What a nice guy! [​IMG] Just in case he gets desperate to place scovies-I live in east Texas!! [​IMG]

4. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    He is always looking to place muscovy. Especially drakes. I don't think he's on BYC.

His Email is [email protected]

Tell him Candace & Ben in Southern Maryland sent ya. [​IMG]

5. Big Dreamer

Big Dreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2010
    Central, FL
    I emailed him and he replied and i emailed him again 2 days ago and nothin.. [​IMG] Now im sad..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by