A vitamin question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Nicole01, May 4, 2011.

1. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I hope I'm doing this right. I put 1/4-1/3 dropper full into two cups water to treat all my babies. Since I have one with pneumonia, I do not want to take any chances. I just picked the vitamins up today and I am using the poly vi sol(no iron) infant drops. Also, since day one I've put probios in their water as well. Is this too much vitamins? I hear of people putting a whole dropper full in the waterer. Since I premix mine in water bottles and change the water several times a day, I do not fill to the top of the waterer. My 5 week old got pnemounia from eating too much pine and getting stuck in her crop. I have her on antibiotics. I thought maybe the vitamins would speed up the healing process.

2. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    I don't really know the answer, but I'm bumping your post in the hopes that somebody more experienced with chick illness will see it and give you an answer.

3. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    Nope thats just fine, be cautious [​IMG] Be sure to only use them when necessary. Just like with humans they can get immune to things and then once they get sick again you'll have to get out the big guns because your chick got immune to it.

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Thank you both. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by