A warm hello from Southern Utah

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jayceekurek, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Jayceekurek

Jayceekurek Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2014
    Enterprise
    Well I have poked around this site for a few years now. It has really fueled my want for poultry.
    Any who my name is Jaycee I am by no means a people person lol. I have severe social anxiety and really tend to keep to myself. I am 26, a stay at home mom, and mother to 5 (two by marriage) before I became a stay at home mom I was a pastry chef and I loved it but I love my kids more.
    My husband and I just bought our first house in a small town with about 20 acres. This is very exciting for us because it means we can finally start being more self sufficient. We just finished building our 2,500 sq ft range area for the Chickens and Turkeys...I know I know I'm not supposed to let them range together. They will have separate housing.
    I can't hardly wait to get my birds :D the local store starts selling there chicks in a week and I have ordered some Bourbon Reds and some Narragansett Turkeys from Strombergs that will be here the first part of April. I am hoping to do everything organically from my gardens, my orchard even to how I feed my animals so if anyone has any advice for a young novice such as myself, I would love to hear it.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

This is the place to be for all those poultry questions, without having to talk face to face with someone! I used to have horrible anxiety. But the years have beaten it out of me I guess. [​IMG] [​IMG]

If you need any tips and hints on raising and keeping your new flock, the learning center is a great place for lots of good reads...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Great to have you aboard Jaycee and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

5. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to know you finally joined the flock [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I used to have severe social phobias and agoraphobia- which kept me in the house for many years. I got over some of it with medication and talk therapy but, it's been a long process.

It's easier to have friends online from the security of your home- I have met many, people on here both men and woman - with some degree of anxiety, panic attack, depression and/ or various phobias. It is very common and nothing to be ashamed of.

Most of the people you meet on here are really good folks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by