A warm thank you to those who've helped

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by srfjeld, May 14, 2011.

1. srfjeld

srfjeld Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Portland
    I just joined BYC yesterday after reading many posts for the last couple of weeks when we got our day old babies. I joined yesterday b/c I was so upset about the loss of our favorite little one when she was accidentally stepped on. Still feeling upset about it but I wanted to extend a thank you for all of your kindness last night and this morning. I also found it helpful to read that others have lost chicks due to accidents as well. I'm sad that it happened to you but it helps us not beat ourselves up about it so much.

This is our first time raising chicks so it's a huge learning process. We now have 5 little ones... 3 2-week olds and 2 2or 3-day olds. I'm glad to be a part of this community and I look forward to sharing and hearing many great stories!

Stephanie

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    BYC is a great place to get advice and consolation if you're upset. I'm sorry for the loss of your favorite chick! I think most of us who have raised chicks have lost at least a few here and there. No matter how careful you are, chicks are fragile and sometimes things just happen. [​IMG] I'm glad you're enjoying your time here so far!

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    This is a great website. I am sorry about your loss. [​IMG] That is never good. It's a learning opportunity as well. Enjoy the rest of your chicks!

[​IMG]

4. Kitt

Kitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Texas
    This place is great. When I first got here, I read about everything. It has been a life saver. There are some really great people here. And it's a great place to get a laugh too.

Sorry about your loss. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by