A Warrior's Garden

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Malachias, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Malachias

Malachias New Egg

Mar 23, 2016
    Hey everyone,

I’m Ralph “Malachias Gaskin”. I’m the Author of “A Warrior’s Garden, Therapeutic guide to living with PTSD”, the founder of “Warfighter Heirloom Gardens” a veteran’s garden therapy program, and “Honor 22 Farms” a family owned organic based farm. I was born and raised in Fort Wayne in. I joined the Indiana Army National Guard in Jan 1994 at 18 years old and served both as a Combat medic and an Infantryman for 9 years. In April 2006 I re-enlisted in into the Active Army as a Combat medic and served for 8 years. I did 28 months in Iraq during the surge and Operation New Dawn. I was medically retired for PTSD, TBI, arthritis, hearing loss, and bursitis at 100% and retired to the Columbia, Tennessee and I am currently enrolled and taking classes at Lipscomb University for my undergrad in Psychology. I am married with three children.
    After 3 years of counseling and medications from the Army, I decided that I needed something more and transitioned to a more non-chemical based and alternative therapy based road to recovery. Using three main pillars, Faith, Music, and Organic Gardening.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning as much from you all as I can.

God Bless,
    Strength and Honor,

Ralph "Malachias" Gaskin

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Ralph and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Ralph - Welcome to Backyard chickens

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. Malachias

Malachias New Egg

Mar 23, 2016
    Thanks everyone. I'm looking foreword to getting to know everyone and sharing in our combined journey.

6. N F C

N F C got coffee? Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by