A week ago today.. 4 Ducklings stole my heart..

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Spike, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Spike

Spike Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    NH VIA NYC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This week they're in a 55 gal. fish tank with the same ceramic Zoo-Med heaters placed over a screen on one end. I take out the "astro turf", hose it down and let it dry over the shower rod in the bathroom.
    I pre-cut a couple of "sheets" of it, to fit so while one's drying there's another to put in it's place.

Anyway...they've got me wrapped..

2. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] Awwww so sweet! What cuties!

3. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    Adorable! Good idea with the astro turf. I fell in love just like you did with 4 ducklings 3 weeks ago. They have doubled in size but thats more to love. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

4. Spike

Spike Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    NH VIA NYC
    Quote:As a warning..If you use the 'turf and have to cut it at all, you'll also need to duct tape around the edges. The "grass" comes loose and so do some threads. The ducks think nothing of trying to eat it if you don't tape it.

I'll try to post a pic of it tomorrow to show what I mean.

Amazing, isn't it?..how they literally grow before your eyes! Like dang sea monkeys! lol

5. headred

headred Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Lawrence
    Never thought of turf. I bet it will wash up nice. I was a fan of newspapers and paper towels. Clean up was quick and disposable, cause I'm not one to like to clean. Mine are 6 weeks old and outside now. Much easier and fun because now they are going out of the pen and into their pool. A ton of fun to watch! See website for more :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by