A week later and still unsure.

ChickyLove

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Springfield, MA.
I'm still curious about my chicks! They are now about 4 weeks old and are feathering a bit. I'm wondering about breed and if you all see a roo in there anywhere? I think there is one! Pictures below.

94499_peeps_a_week_later_005.jpg

This first one is a view of Bo Peep. She seems to have a bit of silver on her (his?!) chest.

94499_peeps_a_week_later_003.jpg

This is Buttercup. (she?) Tends to be very bossy and a bit of a leader between herself and Bo Peep.

94499_peeps_a_week_later_004.jpg

And this is Enoch. (He?) is very gentle and sweet. A real snuggler.

94499_peeps_a_week_later_007.jpg

All three of them!

This is my first time raising chickens, so I'd love the input as to what y'all think they might be! Thanks so much!

are you sure the brown ones aren't EE's? Not sure on the white one, I have one at home, a Calif. white, but she has yellow legs.

Pretty new to chickens, but the EE's I got this spring look just like Buttercup and Enoch, right down to the greenish/blue leg color.

So the general consensus is that they are EE's and all hens? Poor Enoch! He's going to be devastated when he finds out he's not the man he thought he was!
lol.png

I don't see any little combs or above the beak thingies starting yet. I thought Enoch might have been a roo based on how long his tail is. Does the color/patterning signify gender at all? Thank you all so much for your input and patience!

Back
Top Bottom