1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A weimaraner won the sporting group

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 4-H chicken mom, Feb 12, 2008.

1. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    I am so excited. My breed won the sporting group. The Wiemaraner [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    Ugh...I shouldn't have looked....I was rooting for the Irish Setter but didn't want to peek.... [​IMG]

Congrats though on your breed winning.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  3. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    I am boycotting the AKC and the show until they start to accept my breed, American Bulldogs. No these are not Pit Bull they are bulldog just like Chance on Homeward Bound. The NKC will rank them but the others won't:mad:

4. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    The AKC recognizes several "new" breeds every year, but does not make the decision to add breeds on their own. Before a breed is recognized by the AKC, the breed's parent organisation must apply for that recognition. If you'd like to see American Bulldogs recognized by the AKC, contact the National Club and ask them why they do not seek AKC status. It's possible that they are either split as to whether or not to become an AKC breed, they do not want to become an AKC breed or they are in the process of gaining AKC recognition.

5. HobbyChickener

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    They were rejected. Something about because there is more than one type that it couldn't be standardized within the group enough to make it a breed under AKC

6. sunnychooks

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Do you know if they are going to re-apply? I think that happened with the Leonburger breed club. The organisation split and one faction is going to or has already applied. I guess it's difficult to judge according to a breed standard if there is no identifiable standard. It's a shame for the people who would like to show them in AKC because the American Bulldog is a nice breed.

7. HobbyChickener

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    It is a great breed. I have 6 and hopefully one cookin babies as we speak! I doubt they will re-apply. They are part of 3 groups now and I don't think the rejection settled well

8. sunnychooks

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    That's a shame. I've had several that board at my kennel and they are wonderful dogs. Good luck with those babies!!! When they arrive we'll expect pictures!!! [​IMG]

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Well, the weimaraner didn't win best of show, but finally a real dog did win The 15" beagle. Uno [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. MNKris

MNKris Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Go weims! We have two and they are the best dogs EVER!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by