a whole month????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by coltsrox, Jun 23, 2008.

1. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    howdy
    i have a serious problem i have to go away for a entire month of july and the babies can't come with me they are now 14 weeks old. i'll be missing 15-19 week. will they remeber me? or will they not know me and forget me? i have some people checking on them and holding them once a week but i have someone feedin them. i am so sad i don't wanna leave them.help!

2. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    I dont think a chickens really just knows anyone person. I got 2 roos a few months back that are just simply sweet with anybody. I think if they are sweet now they will be sweet when you get back.

3. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I think they will remember you. You are their parent, they won't easily forget that. [​IMG]

4. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    They will remember you, they may not let people hold them that they are not use to. Mine are about 6 weeks old and wont let anyone hold them but me. I am ok with that........

5. coltsrox

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    actually as long as were not talking about human kids i'm fine with no one being able to hold them except me...alright thanx.i was scared i'll come back and they'll ne voscious becuz nobody touched the for a whole month,

6. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Have your pet watchers try and handle them but they may not allow them.

7. coltsrox

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    yea i have my kinsmen promising to come and hold them for a month...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by