1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

A word of warning

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Godsgrl, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    If you find your dog chewing something suspicious on the dog bed next to you, use a tissue or washcloth to confiscate said item. Really, don't use your bare hand for this task. You may think your dog has gotten a hold of maybe a small ornament, or a piece of a toy or something innocuous like that. But if you use your bare hand, you may find out too late that your lovely dog actually snacked in the litter box. [​IMG]

2. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    I don't try that [​IMG] If MY dogs chewing on somthing, I know better to pick it up, cause it's almost ALWAYS somthing nasty. Somtimes her favorite: Litter box crunchies as one poster called it [​IMG]

3. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    GROSS!!! [​IMG]

I have a kitty door on my laundry room door (which is where the litter box and cat food is kept) because this only allows my beagle to stick his big schnoz in there for that very same reason!! Kitty poo is a treat to that nasty boy!!

4. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    At least it is not just my dog. What about kitty tootsie rolls is so appealing? I mean, [​IMG] and double [​IMG]. I have boxes around the house, two in my bathroom with a gate across the door, one in my laundry room turned where just the cat will usually fit, (booda dome) and then one in the front hallway. Usually I can block that one with stuff stored there, but we recently had company, so the hallway was cleared. Just in case they came in through the front door. Dogs! [​IMG]

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Worst two mine have pulled was the HALF of a squirrel... and more recently the head of the possum they tackled under the shed about a month ago... took that way... so they went and found a backbone... then some nice skin jerky... [​IMG]

I'd rather have the cat poo.

6. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    [​IMG] eww kitty roca is what it's known as around here [​IMG]

7. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    [​IMG]

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Worst two mine have pulled was the HALF of a squirrel... and more recently the head of the possum they tackled under the shed about a month ago... took that way... so they went and found a backbone... then some nice skin jerky... [​IMG]

I'd rather have the cat poo.

Yuck! [​IMG] We were out hiking one time when my dog, (Sweet Pea, same one in my OP) found a backbone of something to eat. I wasn't about to touch it, so I just stood there and waited until she was done to move on. Just after we left, a tree fell in the spot I had been standing. And dogs are so eager to lick us after they eat these tasty morsels.

9. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Not a chance!

10. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Quote:Cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by