AAAAAAAA >>>>MY DOG JUST GOT SPRAYED BY A SKUNK!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I just siad to DH...(sniff sniff) i smell a skunk...he says naaa the kids have been passing wind..it was just them...

well then low and behold the dog comes in from outside and man o man [​IMG] she stinks to high heaven...

i know what to do...
    the whole baking soda and peroxide and dishsoap routine...but like i need this at 7PM on the sunday before the kids go back to school....grrrrr [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2009
  2. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    You have my deepest sympathies...I hate dealing with that.... [​IMG]

3. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    Not cool. That happened to my cat once. Thought there was a skunk trapped in the garage until he started meowing... yuck.[​IMG]

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Doesn't tomato work? paste or something? LOL

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Quote:I wouldn't want to deal with that either [​IMG] .....P UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Tomato Juice?

6. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    How awful!!! My sister and her dog both got it from a skunk and the only thing that took the smell away was bathing in tomato juice and then a good soapy bath!

7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:tomato just masks the smell and it will be back in a few hours the peroxide and baking soda with a touch of dish soap actually breaks up the oils that the skunk sprayed and gets ris of it in done bathing [​IMG] usually [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:In a word, NO! Tomato anything doesn't work - old wives tail. And it is very time consuming and horrid to smell especially once you get them wet! [​IMG]

9. FractalFarmer

FractalFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    SF Bay area CA
    Yes, I've been through that 3 times with our German Shepherds. Hubby got to dispose of the 3 dead skunks, as our dogs apparently do not allow themselves to be sprayed unless they know can make their kill. The pet stores sell an enzyme based product that works pretty well if there's still an odor after your usual regimen.

10. ThreeGlovers

ThreeGlovers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    Yes use the B.S. and peroxide with dish soap. Been there and done that oue Choc Lab twice already.

BO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by