AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH chargers and USB connectors for devices!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by woodmort, Feb 16, 2012.

1. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Anyone else have this problem? We have so many electrical devices that have chargers and connect to various ports of the computer--phones, tablets, cameras, GPS devices--that we have a pile of these things, a spaghetti of wires and no idea what goes with what. The worst thing is that most have different connections to the device. If someone would make a universal charger and computer-to-USB connector they'd make a fortune. It would be nice if the manufacturer would put their name to the chargers but, aside from Nokia, I haven't seen one so labeled. I've taken to labeling most with a masking tape tag as I take them out of the box but still it is a job to keep track of them

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

YES ! ! ! We have a box full of them. Actually, I recently sent a box of them to the trash. I'm sure I will regret it later.

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Ooopss

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. woodmort

woodmort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Oxford NY
    Yeah I'm sure some of them are to devices I no longer have but I'm afraid to throw them away. They're taking over my office. Next thing I'll be an episode on Hoarders.

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Same here. I got cables and chargers for anything, BUT if i need a specific one i dont own it. Heck, my dryer has three different cables because everytime we move the house has different hook ups. and dont get me started on keys. I got keys for things i never owned. Still dont know why i got cadilac keys in the drawer, never had one [​IMG]

6. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

It's a few hundred years according to science fiction that we can be asimulated into the "Borg collective" where we do not need any cables, we are all hard wired to technology and each other....
    BTW car radios are the same way each car maker has a different system how a radio is hooked into it radios on the other hand (unless you buy the car makers radio) have identical hook ups in the back the only difference is they might have extra plugs for different set ups (like power antenna or a customized sterreo system) but other than that brands x y and z will use the same adaptor for car make b but car make c needs a different hookup for the car end........
    perhaps they are for another GM auto you have (had) and they had only a caddy blank rather than olds, chevy pontiac.... but since it was the correct "form" of your key it didn't matter the "brand" on it just as long as the key blank when ground worked.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by