1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

AAAAAAGH! I hate fly traps! You'll die laughing when you hear this...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by crazy4daisy, Jun 26, 2007.

1. crazy4daisy

crazy4daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Okay, I was doing cleanup/rehab on the chicken coop today, and I was cleaning out the nesting boxes. Well, my chickens always get up on the nesting boxes and poo up there, so I put a fly trap in front of them. I was cleaning them up, and I brought my head up and "BANG!"

I couldn't figure out why my neck was wet all of a sudden...and why did I smell the fly trap chemicals?

Turns out the fly trap spilled it's nasty, extremely chemically smelling, potent, fly attractant all over me, my hair, and my back.

UGH! GROSS! I took a 30 minute shower and I still smell like chemicals! My dog won't come near me :thun

My chickens were like [​IMG] as they watched me stumble around then run out of the chicken coop and up to the house to take a shower.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] thats so funny

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    oh no [​IMG] that sounds yuk!!!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  4. FingerLakesChick

FingerLakesChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Western New York
    I hate fly traps for an entirely different reason!! Ever try to peel a baby chick from one? [​IMG]

5. crazy4daisy

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Quote:roflol [​IMG]

6. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    [​IMG]

Here's a different fly-trap story: last night, my husband and kids went out for pizza while I was at work. They ordered a salad to go along with it, and the waiter brought a bottle of oil and a bottle of vinegar. My husband sprinkled the salad liberally with both and began eating, and then my son said, reading from the bottle of vinegar, "What do they mean by "FRUIT FLY TRAP -- NOT FOR CUSTOMER USE"?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Turns out the bottle of vinegar was FULL of fruit flies, a number of which went on my husband's salad!

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

[​IMG]
    Oy Vey!

8. crazy4daisy

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Quote:BLECH!!!![​IMG]

9. Royal Oaks Ranch

Royal Oaks Ranch Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2007
    Northern Calif
    ROFLMAO Those are too funny.. Hey least you diodnt dump wasp attractant down you.. Now THAT stuff is a pita to get off..

I guess Ill tell my fly trap story ....

I use those sticky rolls. The one where you put a reel at one end of the barn and attach it to a reel at the other end..I had it in my chick barn, from the back wall to either corner going right above my brooders... I leaned over to get behind the brooder and lifted my head up and Well, Lets just say that you do NOT want to get that tape stuck in your hair.. I have long hair. It sticks really really good to that tape... AND if you DO get it in your hair. do NOT cut the tape unless your holding both sides... Son cut one side it went SPROING and I had another 3 ft stuck to my hair... Nasty sticky stuff....
    And no shampoo does not take it out the first time...

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]

You poor thing!!!! ::throwing up::

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by