1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

AAAAAAHH!!! Sooo Excited!!! DF is going to have AN AWESOME Christmas!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ChicknThief, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I did it! I FINALLY did it!

For the last couple of months I have been looking at different gas grills to get DF (dear fiancee) for Christmas. I wanted to learn EVERYTHING about them so I could make sure I was picking the right one.

Friends, I finally found the one!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07116656000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

There it is, in it's stainless steel, porcelain coated cast iron glory. Isn't it gorgeous? [​IMG] And it has a rotisserie!!!!

Over the next couple of weeks I will be picking out and buying all the little accessories that go with it and slowly filling up the bottom of our lovely little tree [​IMG]

I just can't contain my excitement! It's such a wonderful feeling being able to get a gift for someone you love, and be able to know with absolute certainty that they will love and use it regularly. I plan on having him open all the other gifts before he opens his "grillish" things, and once he has opened those I'm going to throw the curtain open so he can see his new grill [​IMG] I can't wait to see his face! I'm going to see if I can find one of those massive red bows to put on it [​IMG]

Eeeee Just had to share the happiness [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

That's a beautiful grill.
    Your DF is going to have a very good Christmas

Congrats,

Imp

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Forget the massive red bow. [​IMG] A massive red steak would be better! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Hahaha! [​IMG] Yea he might appreciate the steak more than the bow! [​IMG]

5. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    huray! That is so awesome!

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh my SHHHHHH! DO NOT tell my husband! He is addicted to grills and then he will want another one..........[​IMG]

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] The grill is probably cheaper than the steak! [​IMG] We just sold some steers & was glad to see the price going up, but I can't seem to be able to shell out the big bucks for a nice steak when I can butcher my own for ALOT less.

8. NinnyGillaspie

NinnyGillaspie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Huntsville, Tx
    Oh Yeah, that is beautiful! My hubby would love it! Not enough money in the budget. Maybe later.

9. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    That is awesome!!! Well done!!! [​IMG]

Now I think I'll do some grilling 2night for dinner! lol

10. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Quote:I didn't think so either. But between an extra 10% off for Friends and Family Night, and batting my eyelashes to earn an expired sale price, I walked out of Sears only 326$ poorer. It really was a killer deal!

Sir Birdie: You can PM me for the address to send all those nice steaks you are talking about! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by