aaaaaahhh help!!!

stroudy36

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 30, 2014
My electric went and eggs were cold couldn't see no movement inside egg does this mean chick dead or if it gets cold will chick movement lessen????

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

How long were the eggs cold? If they were completely cold for a while, unfortuantely they are probably dead.

My electric went for no longer than 4 hours so it enclosed so cool down time as well

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

4 hours shouldn't hurt anything. This cool down will only delay the hatch somewhat. Just get everything back up and running and back to business as usual. You should still get a good hatch.

Happy New Year!!

Their is movement just yet from inside could this be from where it went cold . Wierd comparision but when I worked for a mealworm breeding firm when you cooled them it slowed their movement

They at day 9 how long shall I leave before checking for movement again . And if not I suppose shut down power and dispose if not lucky. I'm panicking now. First time with a bator

Hello,
welcome-byc.gif
and have a happy 2015! I personally have never used an incubator before (hatching eggs will always be a job for a broody hen, to me) but I wish you luck!

Back
Top Bottom