AAAAAAHHHHHHHI dropped a Partridge Silkie egg!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Minniechickmama, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    I am SO peeved at myself for having such butterfingers! I am on day 11 with a batch of mixed Silkies and I dropped one while candling! I have never done that and I am SO SO SO bummed! I only had 3 Partridge left of this batch, and I was so anxious to get some. Now I can only hope for a pair.
    Dang Dang Dang!!!

2. magoochie

magoochie Songster

Dec 26, 2010
    Grantsburg, WI
    aaarrgghhhh bummer dude!

3. NonnasBabies

NonnasBabies Muddy Acre Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Awe that sucks! Everytime I'm candling I have this fear of dropping one!! Sorry this happened!! [​IMG]

4. kvmommy

kvmommy Songster

Jan 2, 2011
    Did it break or crack? I sealed a cracked one with candle wax...its on day 10, but its too dark to see if its developing. That really sucks though.

5. horseyjess

horseyjess Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    Hubby did it with one of my Welly eggs [​IMG] He holds the light now lol!!

6. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    I was lick my fingers before touching them, gives me a better grip. That REALLY STINKS......

7. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    thats to bad! I think we have all dont it before though....I dropped 2 eggs last week when I was trying to transfer them from one bator to another! I was so mad at myself.

8. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:No chance of repair, it was oozing yolk out the side when I picked it up off the floor. I SO wanted Partridge to breed. I still have 2 but watch them be 2 cockerels. I have a few Buffs. I mainly hatch Silkies for my 9-year old daughter so she can show them in 4-H, but I think they the fun to watch and have around. Plus, I hope I can make some of them my broody machines next year so I can hatch naturally as well as in the bator, then I won't drop them any more!

9. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Yep, I think we have all done that at some point. Just makes you want to [​IMG]

10. tinychicky

tinychicky Songster

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    sorry you dropped one [​IMG] i hope you get a pair out of the remaining three!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: