AAaaarg! I forgot the salt and sugar!!!!!

dadthebaker

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 7, 2011
Los Angeles Area
Made a double batch of pie crust, it *is* the holidays!!!

Rolled out the dough for one pie and in the back of my head something said, "it's not right...theres something missing"...took a taste...

ACK! forgot the salt and sugar; just got flour, butter and water....

*sob*

Guess I will start over! any suggestions on what to use unsalted and unsugared pie dough?? *gag*

Warmest

You could roll it out, sprinkle liberally with sugar, cut it into pieces and bake. Pie dough cookies.
I have fond memories of mom making these when I was a kid. (with the leftover pie dough)

or

crumble it up, toss with sugar and use as a crumble topping.

Imp

or feed it to the chickens
lol.png

Last edited:
I've never put sugar in pie dough but I know many do.

If it were mine I'd roll it out, sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon and some salt, bake and eat like cookies. My favorite way to eat pie dough, anyway. Of course I don't usually add salt to the top.

COOKIES! But of course! Thank you wonderful Peeps! The pot pie idea sounds good too, but there would be a flatness to the taste of the crust.

I try out a lot of Martha Stewart recipes, some are a bit kooky, some are extra unnecessary work, but I find that sugar in the crust gives is a tasty-ness.... Its gonna be apple pie and I am not prebaking the dough, so burning isnt much of a concern...

I am gonna bake a rather large batch of cookies...

We have five birthdays in November and the gift that I and Wife give is the persons choice of favorite cake. She and I have made some pretty awesome cakes...the latest is a Cheese cake on top of Brownie on top of Geniose, covered in Old Fashion Frosting... IT was for my middle Boy's birthday and it was simply decadent!

Since we are so "caked out" I am making a birthday pie for Wife, so I want it perfect!

Gracias!

Last edited:
I use real butter only here and I just get it salted and often omit the salt because of that, unless it calls for a lot of salt.

LIke the others said..
I would roll it out, rub with real butter(softened)... and sprinkle with a brown sugar and cinnamon combo, roll back up log style, cut into slices.. and make a "pinwheel" type cookie...
Make some easy confectioners sugar icing and drizzle over them.

Back
Top Bottom