AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by WalnutHill, Mar 26, 2015.

1. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    [​IMG]

I finally got two dozen turkey eggs locally from a wonderful lady I bought from last year.

Of course, turkey eggs don't fit nicely in a cardboard egg carton. And I had two dozen eggs in open cartons, my laptop bag, the mail, the keys, unlocked the door...

And UPS left an Amazon package between the screen door and kitchen door. I couldn't see it with the load in my arms, and stepped on a corner, flipping it up and sending me off balance.

Eggs went flying. Four went airborne and shattered on the tile. Two fell into each other, with dents and star cracks. I candled and sealed with nail polish to the ends of the cracks, but they will be watched closely for failure. I don't expect them to make it.

I will let them rest until Sunday and hope they will unscramble, then I will set them.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  2. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Oh No!! So sorry to hear that!! [​IMG]

3. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    I just keep thinking of all those poor scrambled eggs on the tile. My poor dog, who was happy to see me, went into hiding under the butcher block to be sure he wasn't in trouble.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    I always knew my day was about to get worse, when I came home to find the dog hiding under the kitchen table! If that had been me, I'd have dropped the whole pile of eggs. I'm glad your disaster wasn't worse! I wish you the best with your poults.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by