Aaahhh!!! Pic!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Chick1043, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    No. I didn't get my first egg YET! BUT!! Today I went outside to see my 20 week old white rock in the hen house on the easter egg I put out there!! YAY!! So excited!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  2. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    I know it doesn't mean she is going to lay today! But soon!

3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

she's trying the nest box out for size.

Is that the same chick as your avatar. -- It won't be long now....hang in there.

4. chickengal30

chickengal30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    West coast of Florida.
    [​IMG] Yay.....so happy for you, I got my first egg 13 days ago, [​IMG] had 12 eggs from the same girl, my Red Star since then, the others havent started yet....soon hopefully. Hope you get that highly antisipated egg soon, its such a thrill!!! [​IMG]

5. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    No, not the same chick. That chick is my ameracauna! I decided to give two chicks a try (I didn't even like chickens! lol) and so when they were like 14 weeks a dog killed the other one so I got 4 more (and started to LOVE chickens!!) and than decided to get another one to put in with the 4 (just for fun) and than got two MORE!! lol So right now she is my only oldest chicken! lol Its nice because they are all different ages so I know witch ones will lay next! lol

6. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:Awesome!!

7. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    I noticed she had been in there before because the egg has been moved around and she has been in there a lot! I just haven't seen it until today! She is STILL in there now!!

8. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    OMG!!!!!!!! SHE JUST LAID HER FIRST EGG!!!!

[​IMG]

9. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    20 weeks ago I got her! SOO she laid on here birthday!

10. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Fabulous..... like a hobbit she GIVES presents on her birthday. Congratulations!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by