1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

aaahhhh let me out!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dnenella, Jan 12, 2011.

1. dnenella

dnenella Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    Nothing like being stuck in a chicken coop I don't know who was more scared me or the chickens [​IMG] but I did get stuff done and found something to open the door so all is good [​IMG]

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Been there, done that, climbed the fence(I was locked in the run).
    Congrats on freeing yourself from the coop. [​IMG]
    At least you had good company while you were stuck in there. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I would have paid good money for a video of that. DH didn't happen to have a camera handy, did he? [​IMG]

4. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    I did that when I was building our coop. Got stuck in the run, and it didn't have the roof on yet, so I had to climb over the top. Another time I got stuck in there when it was almost done, with my 8 yr old and had to boost him up so he could climb through the pop door. My mother reminds me of it every chance she gets! I now have a stick tied to a string that is tied to the gate latch on the run so I can pull the stick and let myself out if I have to. [​IMG]

5. dnenella

May 10, 2010
    lol Yes the company was great but just a little cold only like 9 degrees out here, but my silkie likes to cuddle she even tried going out with me. And yeah the chickens prob. thought I was going nuts [​IMG] thank god there was no camera to tape me lol. The handles fell off on me i just had to figure out how to pry it open a little to get my fingers to do the rest.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  6. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I went in the coop to get the eggs really quick and it was dark. Somehow the four wheeler started easing down the hill with the trailer on it, talk about a nightmare, I hauled butt out of that thing quicker than I ever have, It was locked so I ran straight through the wire.[​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:I would have paid good money for a video of that. DH didn't happen to have a camera handy, did he? [​IMG]

No, thank God! I'd be all over YouTube by now!
    Yikes, 9 degrees-yeah, I'd be screaming let me out, too!
    Robo...[​IMG]

8. dnenella

May 10, 2010
    Quote:omg I hope you where ok and stoped the 4 wheeler in time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by