AAAHHHH!!!! Still waiting for my chicks!

catlvr976

Chirping
13 Years
Mar 5, 2007
Near Meadville, Pa
They shipped from Ideal on Wed, the 22nd. My post office didn't call this morning, so I decided to call them. They didn't come in yet. There will be another shipment this afternoon aroung 1 or 130. I sure hope they'll be there then. Not only that, I have to pick my kids up from school at 230. That doesn't get me much time to get them settled in.

Keep your fingers crossed that they'll be here this afternoon, hopefully closer to 1!

I'll be sick if they don't show today.

I hope that they come in later today. Why not be prepared and bring some water and starter with you. You can pick up the kids and if the chicks are looking poorly park at the school and offer water and feed to them.

I got to get them back home before I pick my kids up....dr appt. I don't live very far from the post office, but I can imagine them calling me at like the last minute. I am going to think positive all day that things will work out as planned. LOL

I would call them again. Ask for a supervisor and explain that it is important that they call you ASAP as they need to eat/drink or could die. I would then call again at 1 and see if the shipment came in. Be nice about it, explain your nervous about it, and hopefully the supervisor will be compasionate. Be optimistic though.
fl.gif

I told them to call me as soon as they come in. I live where it's pretty rural, so I'm sure I haven't been the first to get chicks. It's just so been so hard waiting for this day, and still no babies yet! My kids don't know they're coming, it was so funny this morning, before they left for school, they were asking how many days left til chick days at tractor supply. They will be so surprised.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Sorry I haven't updated...been busy!

They did come, got the call at 135pm. Super cute. Got 7 packing peanuts.

I don't think my little cayuga duck will make it, though. It's real weak, and not wanting to eat... :(

Otherwise, all look well.

Back
Top Bottom