AAAHHHH!!!! Still waiting for my chicks!

I tried the sugar water, but unfortunately, our little duck died overnight. So sad, cause she was so cute.

Now I need to find my little pekin duckling a buddy. I might order a new one from meyer but I would need to get a few more chicks. How old can chicks be for it to be safe to add new ones?

Oh, I'm so sorry.
sad.png
I can't really answer your question on adding new to older, I've only added chicks together that were a day apart in age. wouldn't think it would be too much of a problem if they were a week apart, but the older the originals are the harder I would suspect it might be. But then again, I bet there are more qualified people on here to answer that question than me.

If they are pretty close in age/size you should be okay. Do you have a feed store or TSC near you that you could just purchase 1 duckling from? Or even craigslist? Would be cheaper than buying more from a hatchery. The duckling will be okay with the chicks for a little bit but they grow quick. It will do best with a duck buddy eventually but unless you want more chicks or ducks to make a minimum order, I would look locally instead.

Sorry for the loss of the little one. To me, ducklings have always seemed more fragile. (I have only ever lost ducklings, no chicks.)

Back
Top Bottom