AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Beginning to think I'm 'Cursed'!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by happybooker1, Mar 12, 2013.

1. happybooker1

happybooker1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2012
    North of Houston Texas
    Y'all may remember my debaucle with about 2/3's of my baby chicks being roo's? AND the prettiest/nicest/most unusual ones too!! A beautiful golden buff Brahma, 2 Gorgeous Splash Silkies, 1 Mille Fleur Bantam, Self-Blue, Black and White Cochins..... and the list goes on.

Got 5 bantam chickies from TSC. The beautiful Gold Laced Cochin is a Roo. So is the neat Blue/Lavendar Silkie. The Black bearded Silkie may be also (& I was DYING for a Bearded Silkie). The 2 plain white 'somethings' are probably both females. UGH!! Why can't any of the 'neat' ones be FEMALES???!!!!!

Don't get me wrong. I do have a Black Frizzled Cochin that has a great personality, and also a white Sultan. Along with my other 3 that I'm fond of - but I could use some colorful variety here!!

Meanwhile, anyone in the market for a Gold Laced Roo????

2. Bill 101

Bill 101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Oregon
    You need to remember that in most breeds it's the males that are the most colorful, so that is what you are seeing.

3. happybooker1

happybooker1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2012
    North of Houston Texas
    But these are day-old CHICKS I'm picking out. No difference in color/size until about 3-4 weeks. I'm just CURSED in what I pick out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by