AAm i just horrible?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by americana-chick, Dec 26, 2009.

1. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    I "axcidently" set 24 eggs in the incubator when apparently i was ony suppose to set 6 according to my mom... :O She found out and kinda mad at me... [​IMG] But i think she is getting over it. As long as not ALL 24 chicks hatch i think i will be ok. lol

2. bethsplace

bethsplace Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2009
    start looking for someone who wants some even if you have to give them away that will make mom relax if she knows they have homes that arent yours!

3. Kittymomma

Kittymomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    Quote:Have you been talking to my kids? They also seem to be of the--It's better to beg forgiveness then ask permission school of thought. [​IMG]

Like bethsplace said, line up some potential homes for the extras and mom will be much happier.

4. lady and her girls

lady and her girls Out Of The Brooder

Oct 19, 2009
    ohio
    Some of them will not be fertile, some will quit and some won't hatch so you may end up with a few extra. out of 7 we had 2 and out of 36 we got 12 and 2 died later. After all of that we still don't know yet how many roosters their will be. you never know and own up to what you have done and I wish the best on your hatch.

P.S. You can always sell your extras on craigslist and help pay for the food!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  5. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    yes, I wasn't sure what I'd do with my new christmas hatch, so I put them on Craigslist..they are already sold! Seems folks want chicks early!

6. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Alright I am off the hook! I told her I was sorry and she said it was ok and she wasn't really mad at me just didn't want me having so many chickens. (She doesn't really like animals)
    And I already told her I will sell all roosters or any extras I don't need. And of course my dad is always up for more chickens [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by