Abandoned baby duck!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pekin12ducks, Jun 15, 2016.

1. pekin12ducks

pekin12ducks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2016
    My friends found a baby duckling in the middle of the road w/o any mom or other siblings, just all by itself (yes they walked around the area to try and find the mom). And they knew I had ducks and that I can take care of it. So now I have it, what should I feed it (this little thing can't be more than a couple days old). And it can stay outside right? I think it is definitely warm enough for it to stay outside, it is outside in the coop with my other ducks, but it is in a taller bin so the other ducks cannot get in (but so the baby can hear the ducks, so it doesn't become lonely) and then I have a screen over it so my ducks cannot get in and then a towel over that so it doesn't get too hot
    ****Please help out with anything and everything you think I should know about taking care of this abandoned duckling!!!!!!****

2. limited25

limited25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2016
    Oklahoma
    Might get better luck posting this in the duck forum ... you posted in the Raising baby chicks forum.

Can't offer any advise, but sounds like you are doing well so far. Good luck! Very sweet of you to take the baby duck in.

3. pekin12ducks

pekin12ducks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2016

Thank you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by